10/13/2009

Autumn Around Me

This is my season. Something about the Fall makes me happy, energetic, and very very romantic! These days I am spending a lot of time in my home. I am glad to report that my surroundings are better organized than they have been in a long time and my kids are fed generally better food! Northern California autumns aren't quite like they are on the East Coast or where there are the four seasons. We only get specks and small splashes of color and folliage in our area. Just the same, it is evident if you look for it. Here's a picture I took of the trees just outside my house yesterday. You can see the specks and splashes of color changes.
And of course it won't be a proper autumn without a pumpkin. More decorations will be coming soon! See? We do have color changes on the leaves! Beautiful!
This is how autumn happens in a pot! I love those heart-shaped leaves!
And last but not least, blessed is a home on a rainy autumn day which has a sweet cat asleep nearby, delicious tea brewed, and love of family surrounding its every corner.
I have such a home. As I take stock of my "harvest" for this year, despite some losses and setbacks, I have to admit that I continue to have it really good in life! I am grateful for my gifts in life. Looking back at my life, I see it was a great idea to plant those seeds of love wherever I could. My harvest again this year is plentiful, complete, and continuous. Happy Autumn y'all!

4 comments:

jeerjeerak said...

Happy Autumn to you and your wonderful home, Nazy joonam.
Miss you lots.

Anonymous said...

Happy Paeez!
We have a colorful beauty here in Colorado.
NeghNeghoo
www.NeghNeghoo.com

Aida said...

Happy Autumn to you too:)
Nice shots ,Nazy jaan.Since you are autumn lover,you should come to visit east cast before winter time:)

مسعود said...

سلام ای تن به قضا و قدر سپرده

حقا که خانه ات هم یک تابلو پاییزیست.بخصوص که روح فرهنگ ایران را به دیوار زده ای:

مرا مهر سیه چشمان ز سر بیرون نخواهد شد
قضای آسمانست این و دیگرگون نخواهد شد

بنازم آن طبع راضیه مرضیه ات را راجع به داشته هایت در زندگی که به تایید حافظ رسیده است:

شراب لعل و جای امن و یار مهربان ساقی
دلا کی به شود کارت اگر اکنون نخواهد شد
باقی بقایت