6/28/2007

Rahnavard's Khastegari...

My friend in Tehran, Rahnavard (The Traveler), who blogs in Farsi, is a very sweet and intelligent young woman, an engineer, and a capable writer. Today she has a funny post about "Khastegari," or the introduction ceremony of marriage suitors in Iran. I continue to be mesmerized with how little these customs have changed over time! Take a break from all that bothers you and read it, it's funny! If you can't read Farsi and feel really compelled to know what this is about, leave me a comment and I'll translate it for you. P.S. While you are in her blog, take a look at her 14 Ordibehesht post, a poem called Yaghi (the rebel) which is fabulous, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not torture you and ask that you translate the post, but as soon as my translator comes home from work, I will have him read this to me and I will get back to you!!

Nazy said...

Hahaha Assal! If I didn't think that this would make for an entertaining hour with Parham, I would translate it for you my dear! Do let me know what you think!