7/30/2007

Through The Fog, Hills, and Tunnels

Those who live in this area know that summer months in Berkeley mean early morning and nightly fog enveloping the surrounding hills. This is a typical picture of how it looks every morning when I come into work these days. Directly facing you are Berkeley/Oakland Hills, through which a tunnel runs. My older son, the philospher, and I took the drive again this morning, listening to Bob Marley and chatting, after a long time. After much cajoling, he also read me a few lines of a story he has been writing. It sounded amazing to me. But he was stingy with it, saying it's not yet finished. Through the fog, hills and tunnels, and a peculiarly happy feeling this morning, I am in Berkeley. Photo by Philosopher

4 comments:

midnight/... said...

I can feel your pride :) A mom such as yours should be proud!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. He is going to be competing with mom...lol

Nazy said...

Nimeh Shab Jan, Salam! You are too kind to me! He says "You won't like my stories." He thinks I am going to read his writings like a critique or something! He can't know that I will read his writings with my heart, and anything he writes is amazing to me. In the few lines that he did read for me, I noticed that he describes his scenes with intricate details. It was really sweet!

Did you start the new job today? Though I'm sure you have apprehensions about going back to work, I am sure you and Arman and M. will adjust quickly and beautifully. I am very proud of you. Be good Nimeh Shab Jan.

Nazy said...

Salam Serendip Jan! No competition--he can be the winner! Since he was very young, he has been writing short stories of the fantasy variety. I think it is interesting that as he is getting older, he is getting shy about sharing his writing. I had to read volumes of lines about ghouls, monsters, dragons, and other unsavory creatures when he was younger, and I could never get a break, either! Be good my friend.