3/19/2008

Over The Flames

Charshanbeh Soori in Tehran, March 18, 2008. Photo by Universal Farshad (thank you!).
I went to Berkeley Persian Center's annual Charshanbeh Soori celebration tonight. I was accompanied by friends and family, and had a truly wonderful time. Each time I participate in traditional celebrations and rituals, my soul finds such peace and elemental joy. It is so important and rewarding for me to feel a part of a large and growing community of Iranians in this part of the world. It isn't Iran and it isn't Tehran, and I am deeply aware of all the effort it takes to make it look and feel "right" for all of us who have seen the splendid Charshanbeh Soori's of times past, and Nowrooz in full swing all over Iran right now. But it's an effort made by many loving minds, hearts, and hands. I was so proud to be a part of this community tonight. It's late and I have to be up very early tomorrow morning, so I cut this post short. Happy Wednesday everyone! This is a very important Wednesday on my calendar--the most important in some ways. This Wednesday needs its very own post, and I will write it soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

دی شب یاسی برای اولین بار از روی آتش پرید
و خیلی مغرور و شاد بود
ایام به کام

مرضیه

M said...

I saw the photos and what a crowd! I hope to go next year, missed it this year unfortunately. Glad you enjoyed yourself. It looked wonderful from the photos.

Nazy said...

Marzieh Joonam:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Charshanbeh Soori with your family! Here's what it looked like. See if you can spot me in these photos!

http://www.iranian.com/main/albums/berkeley-fire

Nazy said...

Dear M:

Hello and welcome to my humble blogs! How fabulous to have found such an interesting new reader! I came and visited your blogs and you rock! I'll be sure to come back. Happy Iranian New Year to you, Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

سلام نازی جونم
خیلی ممنون بخاطر عکس
:)
خوش باشی

Nazy said...

Farshad Jan:

Thank you for the photographs and for giving many others a chance to see them and enjoy them. You are the best!