10/14/2009

History Written on Clay

I went to listen to Professor Matthew Stolper's very engaging lecture about the Persepolis tablets at UC Berkeley this afternoon. What a nice and funny man this very distinguished scholar is!

Since I posted my earlier blog about the lecture, I have heard from a very interesting man by the name of Mr. Charles Ellwood Jones. It is an honor to find out about people who have so much interest in Iranian heritage which is now really world heritage. In his profile, Mr. Jones says: "I am the Librarian at the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at NYU. From July 2005 to February 2008 I was the Head Librarian at the Blegen Library of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. Before moving to Athens I spent twenty-two years as the Librarian at the Oriental Institute, The University of Chicago."

You can follow news about the Persepolis tablets and developments in the case through Persepolis Fortification Archive Project's blogs here. Before I left I told Professor Stolper how proud I was of his life's work, dedicated to research about Iran, thanking him for all his hard work.

2 comments:

مسعود said...

سلام نازی خانم
یکی دوسال پیش در مقاله ای برگرفته از همین الواح،خواندم که نظام پرداخت دستمزد کارگران چقدر نسبت به آنزمان مترقی بوده است.از جمله اینکه بخشی از آن را انباشته کرده و آخر کار می پرداختند.یا اینکه جیره غذایی (غیر نقدی )می داده اند.همینطور در باره مرخصی کارگران.
متشکرم از این همه علاقمندی و اطلاع رسانی درین باب .

Daisy said...

Salam Nazy jon,
I am so happy that you have started blogging again. I was reading your entries since you have started but I was too busy to leave a comment here.
Next time I will write something better. Just wanted to say "welcome back to your blog" :))
xoxo