4/27/2008

This One's For You

Bruce Bahmani's slideshow at Iranian.com's Benefit, April 19, 2008 in San Francisco. I was touched to be featured from among literally thousands of writers who have contributed to Iranian.com for the past 13 years. Photo by Talieh Shahrokhi.
And so, I am taking my own advice. This post is for you. For all you kind and warm and wonderful people who come to read my scribblings, senseless most of the time, and sensible only a fraction of the time, but always written with love and passion. I love you and I am honored for your friendship. My life has a different taste, a different feel, and a different depth since I started blogging. What good is writing if you have no readers? What fun is there in telling a story if there is no audience? Thank you for coming and reading and sometimes saying something. You make it worth the effort tenfold. This is a home with room for more than just me and my family, it has room for all of you. Thank you for coming again and again. Please come and visit me in your own home, where someone who loves you always awaits you.

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Nazy jon,
I'm in tears. I really feel at home when I read your blog. This post is one of the most touching messages you have ever sent out. You're powerful writer because your blog reflects your passion and love. Thank you for writing and sharing your stories.

Anonymous said...

And nazy jaan,thank YOU for your great hospitality and lovely generosity at this home.
Cheers,dear
Aida

Anonymous said...

I am a very lonely person. I am loved by family and friends, but I spend most of my time alone at home or alone at my desk at work..and I am always longing for a connection, someplace to check up on, someplace that makes me smile. You've really created a home here.

For me, I like to stop by in the middle of the night when I am restless and have no place else to go. I know your posts will always be waiting for me, and every time I see you haven't updated to a new post, I get a little disappointed.

Thank you for CARING with all your heart about this blog. If you only did this for fun, I wouldn't feel as connected to it as I do. In good and bad and happy and sad moments, I feel like this blog is an extension of you, every aspect of your amazing personality. Because it is honest and genuine and comes from the heart, I will always come here and feel at home.

I love you!

abc said...

One of the BEST blogs I have ever read.
We all are proud of you
DEAR NAZY
your writings are so nice and full of energy, They make the reader feel hopeful and happy.
WE ALL LOVE YOU
Halat

Anonymous said...

I was really touched by this post and decided to leave a comment for the first time. I am a regular reader of your weblog and enjoy every bit of it. Thanks for your spirit which gives me hope and happiness

مسعود said...

سلام نازی خانم

گنجی ست در این خانه که در کون نگنجد
این خانه و این خواجه همه فعل و بهانه ست

خاک و خس این خانه همه عنبر و مشک ست
بانگ در این خانه همه بیت و ترانه ست
(مولوی)

تبریک عرض می کنم
پربار باشی همیشه

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for writing, Nazy! Although you don't know me, I have been reading your blog for a few months now and it has made more than one day happier for me! Keep your wonderful gift for love and keep telling your stories! I will listen!

Robert, Germany

Anonymous said...

Nazy jon,

Thank you for creating this beautiful oasis where even perfect strangers (such as myself) feel welcomed and at home. Your writing is so genuine and so obviously comes from the heart that it's a joy to come visit and read your daily thoughts.

Wishing you a wonderful week filled with happiness and love.

Anonymous said...

This blog has touched many strangers in more profound ways than you will ever know.

Thank you for your dedication

SERENDIP said...

I have to agree with daisy; you've made me teary-eyed too. Please keep on inspiring and spreading your love around...