4/30/2008

Getting Out and Looking Around

I went on a short business trip to UCLA today. I had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to make it to a 6:30 flight from Oakland. Yikes! As I was checking in at 5:30 a.m. my phone rang. I was thinking who would call me at this hour? As it turned out, it was my alarm which always goes off at 5:30 a.m.!

This is Burbank Airport. It is named after Bob Hope, the late comedian. I suppose it is appropriate to name the airport of a city that has so much to do with show business after one of its giants. We drove through the city to get to our destination. This is the entrance to Bel Air.

On our way back to the airport at 4:00 p.m., we saw these guys making a movie in a small park.

So, this 24-hour dry cleaning business (who would want to do alterations at 2:00 a.m?), also has some wisdom to share with the passers by. They say "Success is determined by goals finished, not attempted." What do you think?

The hills in Burbank were covered with beautiful trees, but there was haze caused by Los Angeles' smug, obliterating the beauty.

It was a good meeting and I enjoyed travelling with my co-workers. When they posed for a picture for me, I realized for the first time what a diverse group of people work with me. One is a hispanic man, one a caucasian woman, one an African woman, and one a Korean woman. I love working in an environment which is so receptive to people with different ethnicities and backgrounds, where the reception and treatment is so routine, we would forget about each other's origins--though I have a feeling very few people forget I'm an Iranian, as I seldom let them forget it myself!

I am exhausted, so I call it a day right about now and go to bed, where my beautiful pillow and my blanket await me, hoping to finish the sleep I had to abandon so early this morning. Have a happy Thursday you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I was feeling "lonely" and your post brightened my night! LA! Memories of a happier time.. !!

I have actually been to Milt & Edie's before!

Lucky you...you got to go to UCLA! Go BRUINS! I miss my school :( and all my friends!

I'm glad you've had an eventful trip! I wish I could have hidden in your chamedoons...just to smell that smoggy, lovable LA air once more! (I'm really being serious! I love los angeles!)

مسعود said...

سلام نازی خانم
بزرگترین موفقیت اینست که پرتلاش باشیم و باز نایستیم.آن قدیمها باقالی فروش ها میخواندند
:
باقالی بخور ،کشتی بگیر
خوردی زمین،دوباره بگیر

ربط داشت دیگه.نه؟

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

چه خوبه این همه سفر
این همه راه
و همچنان وفادار و استوار
به ادامه راه

Esfand` said...

haha... its kinda cruel :P

I think every one should define sucess the way they want it to :P

But for now ... in my own best interests ... I will stick to this criteria.
I have lots and lots of things to finish up, tasks to get done with ...

Thanks Nazy Khanoom, your blog is always refreshing :) and thought provoking.