11/08/2008

Lazy Saturday

Opening night of Sculpture Exhibition at Artists' House in Tehran, November 7, 2008, Seyyed Mohsen Sajjadi Mehr News Agency. Isn't it awful that Mehr News, much like other news agencies of Iran, never take the trouble to write the artists' names and information on their photographs? I don't have any information about this artist and this piece to share with you.
I have been the laziest woman in the world today. Well, I did manage to produce a report of the comedy show I went to last night, but that was about it! I did absolutely NOTHING today, loving every second of my quiet and eventless Saturday. My younger son and his friends Iden and Pouria had gone to visit my older son in Santa Cruz last night, staying there. My younger son called at around 6:00 p.m. to find out what was for dinner, as he was bringing his two friends with him. Remember me, the lazy woman who did NOTHING today?!! I told him to come over and we would order pizza. They showed up and guess what?!! My older son had come home with them!! Joy! I was still the lazy woman in her sweats with unkempt hair and no makeup, but all of a sudden extremely happy, too! They are sitting in the family room now, watching TV--it must be something funny because I keep hearing them laugh. I am so excited! Three more days of my long weekend still ahead, my two sons and Iden still around, and enough time on hand to do my projects around the house. I am so happy!
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend just as much as I am. Reach out to those you love and spend time with them, or around them as I tend to do with my family. I plan to make a big breakfast for my family tomorrow morning and to spend time catching up with them. (Heeh, I will need to make up for my laziness today!) Maybe you could do the same for your family! If you live by yourself, make yourself a big breakfast and love yourself as this is a very good place from which to start loving others! Take care and be good you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nazy jan,

Having a lazy Saturday (or Sunday) is wonderful...glad you enjoyed yours :) One of these weekends I've got to remember to "schedule" a lazy day ;)

My Saturday was spent cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning some more...one of these years they have to invent a self-cleaning house!

Anonymous said...

Absolute surprise! Your sons are quite wise :) That's very nice, and thanks for sharing it! Enjoy your time.

Anonymous said...

به!چه سورپرایز قشنگی..
من هم مشعوف شدم!
همیشه سرخوش .شاد باشی

مرضیه

Anonymous said...

سلام بر نازي عزيزم

با پختن کله پاچه هم به نظرت مي شه خانواده رو غافلگير کرد؟
:)
من که اين کار رو انجام دادم جمعه گذشته
:O