11/10/2008

Spic 'n Span!

An American woman, Jane Stillwater, visited Gilan when she went to Iran recently. Read her travel notes here, where you can see more photographs. Photo shows some of the typical appetizers served in a Rashti restaurant. I miss Gilan.
O.K. So my laziness extended to my blogging, too! Na baba, just kidding. I got so caught up in doing chores around my house, I decided to give myself a short break from "thinking work!" I have cooked and cleaned and scrubbed and dusted for two days now. I did take a short, pleasant break yesterday to go visit with my friend Helaleh's sweet parents. Their family has been through a lot and I'm sure glad they have been taking it easy and enjoying each other for the past couple of months. Omid and Alireza came, too, and between the journalists and Helaleh's parents the discussions were so interesting!
My kids' friends are aware of my son's long weekend stay at home, so they keep showing up in droves! Last night when I stuck my head in the family room, there were 8 young guys sitting there next to one another like sardines, watching something! Tonight I had to feed five people again and that was fun, too. You know, I grew up in a large family and a busy household. My parents' kitchen never prepared food for 2, 4, or 6 people, as there were anywhere between 8 and 12 people at the table during our ordinary mealtimes! I learned how to cook when I was 12 and later it was hard for me to learn to cook for less than 10 people! I think this is why I love having guests so much!
I'll drive my son back to Santa Cruz tomorrow. It's been a satisfying weekend. I want to tell you guys about Hamed Nikpay's new album and Kiosk's upcoming concert and finish my Three Weeks in October series and show you two other things! I just need some time to sit down and do it and I will get started on it tomorrow morning. Have a good Tuesday everybody.

No comments: