9/27/2007

Let There Be No War

Mehr (September) is Harvest Time at a Kerman Sunflower Farm
As more and more bad news arrives, I continue to worry about Iran. My mind and heart is full of beautiful images of Iran, its mountains, valleys, farms, rivers, and seas. I remember its wonderful people, kind and hospitable and full of love for their families, hopeful for their children, and thoughtful and generous to their neighbors. Do they know what is happening around the world? Do they hear the horrible rhetoric and headlines we hear here everyday? Are they sufficiently informed about the threats and dangers facing them? I saw a report a few weeks ago which talked about a potential plan to simultaneously attack 10,000 targets in Iran! Reading that report, feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach, I could not begin to comprehend its implications. I don't want an attack on Iran, that much I know. I wallow in anger at politicians whose failure to negotiate and find peaceful solutions is geopardizing the lives and livelihoods of millions of people, endangering peace worldwide. No, I don't know what to do, I just know what I don't want. I want no war, no bombs, no bullets, no maimed, and no dead anywhere in the world, and I particularly don't want it for Iran. One war in recent history has been one too many for Iran. We haven't yet begun to recover from the war which ended almost 20 years ago. We don't need a new one. What should we do? I will do the only thing I know how to do; I will write about it. I will write about not wanting a war. What do you think we should do?

14 comments:

احسان الف said...

For a while now, I have convinced myself that there will be no war. Lets cross our fingers and hope that I am right.

Anonymous said...

نازی جان.من در ایران از شوهرم یاد گرفته ام که اخبار را نخوانم چون در اینجا به جز ترس و اضطراب فایده ای برای ما ندارد.بار اول بود که می شنیدم 10000 هدف را برای حمله انتخاب کرده اند.سعی می کنم بهش فکر نکنم چون چاره ای ندارم و کاری ازم بر نمیاد.

Anonymous said...

Nazy jonam
such nice post and such beautiful pic. the sunflowers of Kerman shine the most ;-)

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

دلم شور می زند
دوست ندارم از این شهر
از این زندگی
از این روزها بگذرم وبروم

Anonymous said...

از صلح می‌گویند یا از جنگ می‌خوانند
دیوانه‌ها آواز بی‌آهنگ می‌خوانند
کنج قفس می‌میرم و این خلق بازرگان
چون قصه‌ها مرگ مرا نیرنگ می‌خوانند

No news is good news :D so I don't read them at all!
I like the reality but nowadys news agencies are spreading lies over the globe...
Dear Nazy try to go after what u want and not things u don't...
As Mother Teresa Once said "peace begins with a smile" so smile...
* PS1: Remember my ear? if u look at takhovski's friend u may find Shobeir as his friend :D

Shad zid

Anonymous said...

Nazy jan: There will be no war. I'm certain of it because I don't want it...yes, I'm crazy that way...LOL

Anonymous said...

Nazy jaan,

I wish I could help you on this. Alas, my voice is not powerful enough to use it for this cause.
However, your wirtings are strong enough to get spread easily .
Keep writing about it. Keep awkening people on both sides. Keep counting beauties of Iran. Keep mentioning the consequences of the war.

Don't stop Nazy. Write about it. It makes you a better person. It'll make us better people.



BTW, how is your health condition now? I hope you are totaly recovered.

Nazy said...

Ehsan Jan, You have no idea how much I want to believe you. When I see the increasing isolation of Iran, my fear grows. I, too, will have my fingers crossed.

Nazy said...

Mana Jan: You are right. There is not that much ordinary people can do, except to help history remember how things developed. I hope for peace, that much I can do. Be good azizam.

Nazy said...

Mehran Jan, I knew you would like that picture from Kerman! Iran has beauty everywhere we look. Kerman's true beauty isn't its star-filled desert nights, its Arg-e-Bam, its pistachio orchards, or its sunflower farms. Its true beauty is in the warm and generous people of Kerman. You are one of them, so I know this for a fact! Be happy Mehran Jan.

Nazy said...

Banoo Jan, Nedaye Azizam. We must keep hope alive. We must try to "know" first, try to "understand" next, and try to keep hope alive. Not much more can be done. Thanks for coming.

Nazy said...

Shobeir Jan: Thanks for your sage advice and comforting words. Yes, I have seen the picture and have shown it to Ala Jan, too! We are even now! Be good and come back soon.

Nazy said...

O.K. Serenip. I join you in not wanting a war, hoping that it won't happen. Good and comforting, and very welcome thoughts. Be good my friend.

Nazy said...

Salam Ali Jan. I'm so glad you come to visit! I am better, thank you. I will work on some writing this weekend, and I will share it with you. We must try and put a face, a voice, to every single Iranian who is considered a worthless cockroach, deserving to be bombed and destroyed by warmongers in the media. Everyone can and should join the effort. Thank you for your supportive words.