9/30/2007

A Very Good Day

A Gorgeous Water Lily (niloofar) in a Pond in Napa Valley Today. I am so proud of my picture!
My friends came and took me to Napa Valley today. Napa Valley boasts gorgeous scenery, hundreds of vinyards (takestan), and olive trees. I was feeling so much better today, and thoroughly enjoyed my day surrounded by nature and sunshine, talking about life with people my own age, whose company I thoroughly enjoy!
My children and I used to watch many movies together, but with their work and school schedules, it has not been possible lately. They always tease me because I move too much during the movies. Tonight, after we ate our dinner (of leftovers!), we sat down to watch The Fountain. I had promised myself to sit down and not move for the duration, which I did, I'm proud to report. The two of them, however, fell asleep halfway into the movie, and I watched it by myself to the end. It was an interesting movie, a love story with twists of fiction, and I thought Hugh Jackman's performance was stellar. I then woke the two of them to go sleep in their beds! Well, their intentions were good.
I got two writing deadlines out of the way, and I will still need to deliver one sometime tomorrow. It was a very good day for me today, relaxed, and more energetic than I have been recently. I am fortunate to have good friends and family. I count my blessings tonight.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

نازی عزیز سلام
اول اینکه من هم خیلی از عکست لذت بردم
و دوم اینکه من شمردن خوشبختی ها و شانس ها رو خیلی دوست دارم و خیلی هم به این کار اعتقاد دارم به نظر من این کار باعث می شه انسان یه چیزهایی یادش بمونه همیشه ، و برام خیلی جالب بود که شما هم این کار رو کردید

Unknown said...

e
چه جالب این اولین کامنت من با نام خودم بود !
ولی من همون uni farshad jan
رو همچنان ترجیح می دم !

Anonymous said...

Nazy Janam
I am happy you had a good day. For God's sake take more break and think about your self sometime.

احسان الف said...

Dear Nazi,
You are right to be proud of that photo. It is amazing.
So you had a great time in Napa. I envy you. The closest I have been to Napa Valley was 3 weeks ago when we went rafting on the Russian River (Sonoma County). It was a memorable experience. We also drove through the vineyards and the scenery as spectacular.

Anonymous said...

Wos, breathtaking photo. Great job. Did you go wine tasting?

I'm glad you enjoyed your much deserved weekend.

Anonymous said...

عجب است از اتفاقت شگفت که امروز می افتد
یکیش هم این بود کهمن بالاخره تونستم برای شما کامنت بذارم همیسه با پیغام page cannot be displayed در قسمت کامنت مواحه می شدم
و خوب من هم باید هموون حرف تکراری کلیشه ای رو بگم بدون اینکه بتونم حسم رو در قالب این نوشته های بی روح منتقل کنم
زیباست،فوق العاده زیباست اول داشتن خانوادهخوب و مهربن و دوم عکست و اینکه میشه حدس زد بقیه چیزهایی که دیدید چه قدر زیبا بودم

Nazy said...

Salam Uni-Far Jan. I'm glad you liked the photo. Do you have a blog other than Universal Dimension? It looks like you do, but when I try to find the address, I can't. So long as you come to visit me, you can call yourself whatever, and I will call you the same! Be good ! Jan.

Nazy said...

Thank you Leva Jan, and I hope you have done the same for yourself this weekend. Mehran and Bayram should be giving us reports of their San Francisco adventures today soon. Have a good week sweet Leva.

Nazy said...

Ehsan Jan, Napa is beautiful in all seasons of the year. Let's drive up there one weekend and have a picnic lunch. Taking a day trip to Napa is certainly a lot easier than river rafting! I once went camping at Russian Gulch, and it was beautiful. It is too cold now to be thinking about camping or river rafting, anyway. So a day trip to Napa it will have to be!

Nazy said...

Salam Serendip Jan: No wine tasting for me! I was lucky my friends took responsibility for driving me to and back, since I had been so ill last week! It was a lovely day. When is your trip?

Nazy said...

Fari Jan: I'm so glad you came to visit me again and that you could leave a comment this time. I can't imagine my life without family and friends. Everything, every adventure, every incident, every food, and every occasion feels better when you have your family and friends along. True, they give you grief sometimes, too, but it's definitely worth keeping them around! Come back again whenever you can. I will write you an email soon. Take care Fari Jan.

Anonymous said...

چه احساس خوبی اول صبح به من دادین نازی جون

Nazy said...

Merci Mana Jan. It's always nice to hear from you, too!

Anonymous said...

Salam
midooni, shoma hamishe yeki az behtarin commentha ro baray Sheida (mrs shin) minevisi....

koli energy mosbat gereftam merciiiiiiiiiiiiii

Marzieh
marziehkr@yahoo.com

Nazy said...

Marzieh Jan, Salam, and welcome to my home! You are very kind. I love reading Mrs. Shin and her other young friends, educated, professional women who are trying to raise their children with love and responsibility. I am honored you took the time to come and visit me. Please come again.