8/02/2007

Isle 6 of Safeway In A College Town and Revelations of Intent

My son, the Traveler, is a quiet young man. Never says more than he feels is needed. We ran to the supermarket on his day off yesterday. As he was pushing the cart while I was fetching various items and throwing them in the cart, he stopped. I looked at him, a little puzzled. He said: “We should get some school supplies.” You would have to know us and the roads we have traveled as a family to know just how significant those few words were to me. The Traveler will start college next week.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nazy jan.

Wishing you and your family a year full of success plus a year full of A+'s for your son.

Pardis

Anonymous said...

I guess this was one of those sentences that worths dropping some tears!

midnight/... said...

All the best to him!

Anonymous said...

I wish the Traveler much much luck!!!

What courses is the Traveler thinking of pursuing?

SERENDIP said...

Precious times both for you and him.

Nazy said...

Pardis Jan, thank you for your good wishes. I don't know about A+'s, but for now I would settle for the discipline and the joy a college education would bring him. Take care.

Nazy said...

Salab Bar Shobeir! Thank you for coming. Tears are a routine occurence when you feel and appreciate life's happenings, good or bad! With a teen-age young man, however, I continually have to be careful not to show "too much emotion," because it easily disturbs him and the next thing I know, the magic is gone. My tears and celebrations with my sons are mostly private affairs inside my heart. Come back soon Shobeir.

Nazy said...

Thank you Nimeh Shab Jan!

Nazy said...

Salam Assal Jan. Missed you girl! The first semesters are pretty routine general education courses, as you know. I think the focus comes once he gets caught up in the energy of college.

Nazy said...

Thanks Serendip! I think Assal left you some questions in the previous posts. Be good Serendip.