8/03/2007

Shahrokh Moshkin Ghalam

As I mentioned before, Shahrokh Moshkin Ghalam, an accomplished dancer with the Comedie Francaise, who manages his own dance company Nakissa in Paris, will be traveling to North America. Those of you who live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Toronto, might wish to mark your calendars. I hear he is fabulous on stage, and judging from the few video clips I have seen of his dances, I would have to concur. In addition to the Iranian dance moves he seems to be able to choreograph, I detect flamenco moves in his dance, which is very interesting. Take a look at these short video clips: one, two, three, and four (this one I had shared with you before—it’s on Youtube, so some people might not be able to see it.). Here’s a list of his scheduled performances:
Los Angeles: Omar Khayam, August 25, 2007, 8:00 p.m., Wilshire Ebel Theatre, 4401 West 8th Street, Los Angeles, CA 9005, (818) 908-0808. Toronto: Danses Mythologiques, September 1, 2007, 8:00 p.m., Toronto Center for the Arts, (416) 898-8266 Vancouver: Dance Variations on Persian Themes, September 7, 2007, Kaymeek Theatre, West Vancouver, 15th and Matter Avenue, (604)306-5170 or (604)529-9262 San Francisco: Dance Variations on Persian Themes, Sunday, Sept 9th, 2007, 7:00 p.m., Smithwick Theatre, Foot Hill College,12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94402, Box Office opens at 5:30 p.m., (650) 571-9344.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

alas, I'm not there.

Nazy said...

Sorry Siah Jan! Nemikhastam deleto besoozoonam. It's just that I find out about events, and I attend them, and later on I get admonished by my friend because I didn't tell them! I hope it doesn't appear as a show-off. I support all Iranian cultural activities to the best of my ability, because I believe those organizers and artists are doing all of this in the hope that we would notice them and we would attend. As an art-less individual who loves to see art, it is the least I can do, won't you agree?

Anonymous said...

Nazy Jaan,

I don't feel that you are showing off and thats great that you support our cultural events. keep it up

We all have to come back to our mother land (California) someday. your posts just motivates us to migrate back faster :)

Nazy said...

Hahaha! Isn't that something the venerable Ala Hazara Haj Agha Jan said? Are you almost finished with your degree?

Anonymous said...

I'm green,red,blue,purple,organge with envy...LOL

Anonymous said...

Serendip, come and catch the show here or in L.A. Did you see his video clips? He is very good.

Mersedeh said...

Here is a link to 2 very small clips of his from the WAALM, in case you had not seen them yet.... http://www.waalm.com/index.php?content=archive&content2=2006&content3=2006arts&content4=Shahrokh_Moshkin_Ghalam&nav=Archive&nav2=2006&nav3=Dramatic%20Arts&nav4=Shahrokh%20Moshkin%20Ghalam

He is lovely!!!

Nazy said...

Thank you Mersedeh Jan! I am honored you came and left me your first comment my friend! I enjoyed the clips. Can you promise to come and leave me comments all the time? The best part of having a blog is when the audience participate and we have a dialogue.

Let me know if you want to join us at the Bay Area event and I will try finding you a good ticket upfront. Take care my friend and come again.