11/19/2007

And Words Flow Again...

The Twins.
I am glad to report that my "writer's block" has been cured for now. For several weeks, other than my blog, I was unable to sit down and write some self-imposed assignments I had been contemplating. Finally, I managed to get one of them out of the way today. This wasn't as easy as it sounds. Even when I can write about some personal feelings, it is so easy for me to dislike the final product and to push "delete" on it, a common occurrence of late. I am cured and it feels good! I had to lend my car to my son today, and without a car, all I could do on a Sunday was to work around the house and think and write. I think I will try this method the next time I become incapable of writing again! I am leaving for a two-day work-related trip tomorrow morning. I will write a post tomorrow night if I can manage it. Otherwise, I'll be back on Tuesday night. Be good y'all.
If you live in these parts, make note of the following events:
1. There will be a free film screening of Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis on Thursday, November 29th, at 7:30pm at UA Berkeley 7, 2274 Shattuck Avenue. The movie is in French with English subtitles. For your free ticket, call Persian Center at 510-848-0264 or email info@PersianCenter.org. Note: Admission is by ticket only.
2. Stanford's Hamid & Christina Moghadam Program in Iranian Studies presents "An Evening with Forough" (Farrokhzad) with Professor Farzaneh Milani, Director, Claus Strigel and Mr. Hossein Mansouri. Event includes viewing of documentary: The House Is Black (on her life), Monday, Nov 26th, 5:30-9:00 pm , Cubberley Auditorium, Stanford University. RSVP to iranianstudies@stanford.edu by November 23rd.
P.S. Yes, they are related to me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

این جفت نازنین از کجا پدیدار شدند؟!!!! خیلی وسوسه برانگیزند!!!ء

Anonymous said...

Are they your daughters?! So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

سلام نازی جان
اگه گفتی من الان کجام ؟؟؟
کاملا درست گفتی من الان دانشگاه در دفتر دکتر نشستم و منتظرم که جلسه ی دیالوگ شروع بشه ...
راستی امروز ما یه جشن کوچیک داریم جات خیلی خالی من برات عکس هاشو می فرستم حتما ...

Daisy said...

Another method that I found useful when I can't write (which happens frequently) is to take a walk outside. It doesn't have to be quiet but it helps if it's somewhere green and without traffic.

Have a safe trip :)

Nazy said...

Salam Bar Alef Shin! Hee hee. These twins have been around for almost three years now! They are the miracle children of my niece, who hung on to life against all odds, growing big enough to be born under adverse conditions. They live far away from me, but I will be fortunate enough to see them again soon. The joy was overwhelming for me, so I decided to share it! I hope you have had a good class with all the Universal friends. Thanks for coming again my friend.

Nazy said...

Salam Bar Shahrzad-e Aziz: Thank you for coming. No, they are not my daughters. I have two grown sons. Children of my niece, they are joys of my life. Be happy and come again Shahrzad Jan.

Nazy said...

Uni-Far Jan: I hope you have had a good gathering and a fabulous celebration. I would love to see the pictures my friend.

Nazy said...

Sweet Daisy: Thanks for coming and thank you for your thoughtful comment and advice. I had a "dry spell" for a few weeks there, where I would have a thought, would actually write it down, and then feeling very unhappy with the result, I would push "delete" on it. It had become so tiresome, I was automatically afraid of trying again. I realized finally, that it was the feelings I was trying to write about which I didn't particularly like! This is when disciplining myself into writing them and getting them out of the way finaly worked. I'm hoping that with that relief, I can start writing about happier and more interesting topics. Taking a walk in the nature is good for many things, including writing, I agree. Be good azizam.

Anonymous said...

Elahiiiiiiiiii,
who are these sweeties :))
you should invite them this time when we are there.
BTW nazi jan, I do like watch Persepolis ,let me know please, if you guys decided to go,
have safe trip. take care :)
bayram

Nazy said...

Salam Aghaye Bayramali:

I hope to be able to show them to you soon! I am out of town right now, but when I get back, I'll call Persian Center to see about tickets to Persepolis. I can't wait to see what all the excitement is about! I have read Satrapi's sweet books, but the movie sounds amazing. Be good Bayram Jan.