11/28/2007

Inspired on A Wednesday (Part III)

Last, I want you to look at a slideshow depicting one woman’s story. Her name is Mahtab, and she lives in the Ghassemabad Village of Baluchestan. Her art and trade is soozan doozi (embroidery or needlework). Ghassemabad is a village that has gone through ten years of draught; its men have moved away to find work, and it is now left with a population of women, children, and old people. Mahtab taught her village women how to do soozan doozi, and women of the village saved and continue to sustain the livelihood of the village through this art. Look at her hands and her feet, listen to her voice telling her story, and see her beautiful creations. Don't be sad at Mahtab's story and the story of her village. Be inspired by her triumph over adversities and her life which has inspired and sustained so many, including me on this Wednesday.

11 comments:

Marzieh said...

سلام نازی عزیزم

من هنوز این بستتو نخوندم ولی خلی ممنون برای این همه روحیه بخشیت ...همه کامنت هاتو هم خوندم مرسی از خاطرات تو و همه دوستان عزیز خیلی عالی بود بخصوص آقای نابینا! :)
چه حالی کرده بوده!
وقت به خیر ایام به کام

jeerjeerak said...

What enchanting Wednesday tales Nazy Jan, especially this last one.

jeerjeerak said...

I just finished the book "One Thousand Splendid Suns" and these post of yours kinda brought me back to the story of those women in that book...

Leva said...

But i m sad and ...

What a stoy...

Anonymous said...

Nazy Joonam:

Sometimes, I wonder: If I was born into the life like Mahtab's, would I exhibit the same strength? The same courage? Would I find ways to contribute to my society?

Right now, I'm sitting behind my desk and a law office is hustling and bustling around me, but am I really doing anything significant? I have all the ingredients for success, so why do I feel like I am no one compared to such a woman like Mahtab? Why does hearing her story make me feel so sad and empty about myself and so envious of her?

midnight/... said...

خیلی زیبا بود نازی جون. زندگی هر آدمی یک قصه است.

Nazy said...

Salam Marzieh Jan. I'm glad you came and that you enjoyed reading my humble posts. Shad bash azizam.

Nazy said...

Salam Jeerjeerak Jan:

I really want to read that Khaled Hossein book. I have so much reading to do, it is embarrassing. I just don't know where the days go. Do tell us about it if you can. Thanks for coming my friend.

Nazy said...

Sweet Beautiful Leva:

Sad is something that doesn't become you. It is hard to see the images and not get sad, though. I hope that you also see the triumph of spirit in Mahtab's story. Be happy my friend.

Nazy said...

Assal Janam:

We didn't pick our parents or our lives. It was done for us. Though we must endeavor to live a life of compassion and understanding, we must remember to do our best in the lives that we have. Knowledge is painful business, I have learned. We must try to know more and to inform others. Knowledge and awareness are cornerstones of having a better world. That's what we must do. Your job and your life matter a great deal just as they are. Make the best of them my young friend.

Nazy said...

Salam Bar Nimeh Shab-e Ziba:

And thank you for coming and reading my intelligent and compassionate friend.