11/16/2007

Whispers and Shouts of Love

Ballet Afsaneh perform a magnificient production of Persian Dance at San Francisco's City Hall in Nowrooz 2007. Music is by Mr. Mohammad Nejad. I searched everywhere and found multiple copies of this performance, but they all had very poor quality as compared to this one, which has three other pieces following it. I am recommending section 1, but you are welcome to watch all 4! Please watch all 7:32 minutes of the first section, as it is simply awesome!
It's Friday. I'm finally home, having put a crazy busy week behind. My job is getting more exciting and demanding everyday, and it seemed that something was happening on the social, academic, and cultural front everyday of this week. I'm exhausted and feel great to be home and relaxing a little. I'm going to catch up on my emails and visit my friends' blogs and just hang out. I will have to take a two-day trip to attend a training class in Sacramento early next week and right now, nothing feels as good as my home, filled with the sounds of another basketball game, which has my older son glued to the set on a Friday night.
I wish you all a weekend filled with joy and peace. Relax, eat and drink whatever pleases you, build a fire if you can, and gather with those who are dear and important to you. Sayeh says she talks with her mother about having never learned to express her love, that her mother never "taught her how." I don't believe that. She has been giving messages of love and understanding to many for many years as a blogger. Her way of expressing herself may be just a little different from others. This weekend, say it whichever way you can, however many times you want, and to as many people as you wish. Say "I love you," and "I miss you," and "I wished you were here." Whisper it, type it, say it, and if you feel the need, shout it! Say it and listen to what you hear with all your heart. You will hear the whispers and the words and the shouts of love and affection right back. My humble experience guarantees it.

6 comments:

Marzieh said...

Nazy azizam;
Thanks again for your lovely friday
posts!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

آه.باورم نمیشه اینقدر زود دوباره جمعه اومده.از پست های شما می فهمم که یک هفته چقدر زود گذشت.آخر هفته خوبی داشته باشی نازی پر از مهر

Nazy said...

Thank you Marzieh Jan! I am usually in a very good mood on Friday evenings, looking forward to doing as I please! I think some of that good feeling inevitably pours into my Friday posts. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go do my Thanksgiving dinner shopping, as supermarkets are so crowded around this time of the year. I hope you are enjoying your time with your family. Take care.

Nazy said...

Salam Mana Jan. I have missed you my friend. Thanks for coming again. It's funny, as I always say time goes on a lot faster in the US than it does in Iran! My life passes in a blur here, and I miss the slower pace of living in Tehran. Have a good day Mana Jan.

Anonymous said...

Nazy Jaan;
Thanks for all good feeling you gave me with your writing.
This is very kind of you.

Nazy said...

Salam Bar Sayeh! Boy, I didn't expect to ever see you in these parts! I am honored you came. There was something about that post of yours which tugged at my heart. Thank you for inspiring me to write. Be good and come again!