11/06/2007

Piles of Happiness

I am organizing myself, again! Papers, envelopes, bills, books, CD's, magazines, notes, and files are strewn all over the table, and I am painstakingly going through the disorganized mess on my dining table, trying to bring some kind of order to my madness! I am making some progress, feeling marginally accomplished. Now I have piles. Piles of bills. Pile of books. Piles of CD's. Piles of magazines. I am keeping at it. I have to finish this. The low-grade anxiety about neglected paperwork has been killing me. My older son comes home. I must look pathetic, as in an increasingly rare occurrence, he comes, hugs me, kisses me, and says some really sweet and wonderful words of greeting. He goes to watch basketball, his passion and joy. Immediately I hear him yell with glee for his favorite team in the TV room. I go back to my organization project. I move the stack of books to the bookshelf and put them back exactly where they should be, Hafez, Shams, Jibran, and Nima. I move the stack of CD to their containers and file them. I take the magazines into the other room. I come back and start on the paperwork. The table is already looking cleaner and tidier. I give myself an undeserved break, sipping my tea, and think: sometimes happiness is a clean dining table, some sealed and stamped envelopes containing paid bills, poetry books on a shelf, and a young man messing up the TV room again, as he roots for his favorite team.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Organize your success! Hello again. I have come back to read your interesting posts. I am interested in your general life there! You can see more about me, on my Persian blog:
www.karamudini.com

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Nazy said...

Dear Mr. Karamudini:

Thank you for coming back and for leaving me your kind comment. I came and briefly visited your blog. It is very interesting, full of thought and reflection. You are a scientist, and I am honored that you find my humble and science-less life and writings of interest! I will come visit you again, and I hope that you do the same.

P.S. I am delighted to report that the paperwork is in order now and I feel so accomplished as a result! I don't know about success, but I am very relieved.

Nazy said...

Dear Crescenet:

No habla espanol.

Daisy said...

Maybe it is the sense of accomplishment that brings some joy to our lives.
Hope your days be full of piles of happiness :)


P.S. I couldn't help laughing when I saw someone left a comment in Spanish for you.

Nazy said...

Daisy Jan: Thank you for your sweet comment. Yes, I find that when I'm organized, I feel more accomplished and less stressed. I know it is good for me, but I never have enough time in a day to do it right!

The message is actually in Portuguese, as I learned from their website (they are in Brazil). Even when I receive messages in the two languages I do understand, sometimes I fall short of getting the actual message! Receiving a comment I don't "get" in Portuguese is actually a relief! Be happy Daisy Jan.