12/14/2007

Embraces of Love

Pari Saberi's Shams-e-Parandeh, the story of Molana's life, re-staged November 2007, Tehran.
It's Friday. My work life has turned harder and more complicated, and more rewarding as a result. I enjoy working hard at a job I like. It is a life long habit for me now. I wouldn't know how not to work! I had to bring a project home this weekend. I just hope that this one doesn't turn into a habit, as weekends are for anything but work, in my opinion.
This videoclip of Cinema Paradiso is the part where a grown Salvatore (Toto), who is now a famous movie director, receives Alfredo's "inheritence," a movie reel of all the censored love scenes from all the movies shown at Cinema Paradiso. I love that movie. For 18 years now, I haven't grown tired of it. This is one of the most poignant parts of the film, I believe. This is my gift to a dear friend of mine who has decided to give love another chance. I am so happy for her happiness, a happiness with which her eyes were brimming when I saw her last night. Zendeh bad eshgh!
This videoclip of Iran, is made by Nasser Jafarzadeh. I don't know him, but I consider him my friend because of the love he put into making this clip, named Iran Iran. The music on the clip is a song by the late Emad Ram, sung by the late Maziar, with lyrics from Alireza Meibodi. I give this gift to all my friends inside and outside Iran, all those who love "in yek tekkeh ja."
I wish you all a very happy and relaxed weekend. I hope you hearts are filled with love and understanding, and your arms are embraced in embraces of love and friendship for all who are dear and important to you. Use those lips to say sweet words, whistle, sing, smile, and kiss this weekend. Use those eyes to see beauty and to communicate affection. Use those hands to touch, caress, hug, and hold your family and friends. Be bold. Confess your love. Give love another chance if it's still not too late. I am all smiles for two episodes of love lost and found again in my circle of friends and family this week. Be good y'all.

15 comments:

بانوي جشنواره زمستان said...

نازي جان سلام
تهران هم هنوز برفي نيامده اما لواسانات پوشيده از برف شده
برايت آخر هفته سرشار از نور آرزو مي کنم

Anonymous said...

Nazy jan
we haven,t see you for one week. it isnot fair ,khnoom jan :D
have nice and perfect weekends, and waite for 2nd part of story
bayram

Anonymous said...

I forgot some thing , did you know the operator of project in this part of cinema paradiso is
JOSEPE TORNATORE the director of movie? I adore this movie and obviously other one MALENA, thanks for remind us this lovely movie
bayram

Marzieh said...

سلام خانومی

امیدوارم که تو هم آخر هفته شاد و خوبی داشته باشی.
در جمع یاران ساعات خوشی در انتظارست
سر بلند باشی.

مسعود said...

ای عشق همه بهانه از توست
من خامشم این ترانه از توست
سلام نازی خانم.این تو نیستس که از عشق می گویی.این عشقست که ترا به زبان آورده است.ما به عشق فرصت دوباره نمیدهیم.این عشقست که دوباره ما را می خواند.
چه خوب آرزو کرده ای دلهای مالامال از عشق و درک را.رو در رویی اشراقیان و مشاییان را به نفع همزیستی شان در دل حل کرده ای.این چشم و لب و دست چه نعمت و ثروتی هستند و ما غافلیم.خدای عشق روز داوری سؤال می کند:از لب و از چشم و از دست.
برای دلت و چشمت و لب و دستانت همین آرزو را دارم.پا تو هم که تو کفش قرمز می کنی.
چه رمانتیک شدی امروز و مارا به کجا کشانیدی.

Anonymous said...

سلام.مرسی مرسی مرسی
راستی چرا کامنت دونی گوگل این مدلی شده.حالا من باید اسمم را بنویسم یا آدرسمو؟آخر هفته خوبی داشته باشی نازی جان

midnight/... said...

سلام نازی جون. امیدوارم ایام به کام باشه دوست خوبم و امیدوارم انبوه کار اجازه بده که بقیه قصه تون رو بنویسید. انشالا زود :)

Anonymous said...

سلام نازی عزیزم
خوبی ؟؟
اول از همه این که تهران چرا برفی نیامده ؟؟؟ بانوی جشنواره ؟؟
اومده
من عکس هم گرفتم
امیدوارم آخر هفته ی خوبی داشته باشی نازی عزیزم

Nazy said...

Neda Jan, Salam. I'm glad you came. That's a cute picture of you! I hope you are having a good winter day in Tehran.

Nazy said...

Bayramali-e-Aziz, full of knowledge about cinema! Cinema Paraiso was an immediate classic. No, I didn't know that the man in that scene was Tornatore himself! He was so young when he made that film. I saw another movie by him, The Starmaker, if I'm not mistaken, which was a good film, too, but this one was something else. Be good azizam.

Nazy said...

Thank you sweet Marzieh! I hope your weekend was good, too, and that your week has gotten off to a good start. Be happy azizam.

Nazy said...

Salam Masoud Jan:

Ha ha, yes, a romantic post this was! I so enjoy seeing other people in love. A friend of mine was once dating a man. He bought her a gift and when she showed it to me, I was so happy for her. She was joking with me, telling me that it appeared as though her boyfriend's present to her, made me happier than her! People who are loved are happier and more peaceful than others, and it is so good to be in their company. I think that's the reason I get this way. Thanks for coming Masoud Jan.

Nazy said...

Salam Mohandes Mana: Thank you for coming my friend. I don't know what's going on with Blogger's comment setup these days. It appears so confusing to me. I haven't been able to ping my blog for three day now, and the whole bloggig thing is a frustrating mystery for me these days. I will let you know if I learn anthing. Take care azizam.

Nazy said...

Salam Nimeh Shab Jan:

Thank you for coming my friend. The truth be told, I am unbeieveably busy these days, but my Yalda story needs some work to be completed, such as some missing facts, and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet, as I can't get a hold of the story principals these days. I will fix it and post it soon, I promise. Take care azize delam.

Nazy said...

Salam Farshad Jan:

I can't wait to see your pictures, which will no doubt be beautiful and telling, as all the others you have sent me have been. I hope you have been well and that you had a good class with Alef Shin last night. My best to all your Universal friends.