12/13/2007

Scattered Thoughts of A Thursday

Isfahan's Ghalamkar Textile
  1. After much hard work on their part and a lot of anxiety on mine, my kids finished their semester this week. Boy, I am relieved. Living with college students has its own trials and tribulations. Each term, from their slow start to the frenzy of activity, term papers, all-nighter study sessions and exam days, performing the “support role” has its moments for me, too. I have to cajole, give rides, read papers, feed, listen to stories, ask questions, frown, smile, and get alternatively mad or exhilarated before the term is finished. They are done for now and I only suffered a colitis attack this week! Life is more beautiful all of a sudden now.
  2. My family is gathering in the Bay Area again, and I’m really excited. Planes, trains, and automobiles are the order of the day in the coming days. I can’t wait to look at their faces and to hold them in my arms. Soghati is always welcome, too!
  3. I wrote a piece about Farrokh Shehabi, the ceramics artist in Iranian.com today. You remember my telling you about him a couple of months ago. If you live in this area, do go and visit this interesting man in his studio this weekend, December 15th and 16th at Berkeley Artisans Holiday Open Studios, where he and many other artists open their studios and the public can go meet them and view their art. The address is: Sawtooth Building; 2547 8th Street at Dwight; Bay 2, Studio #23; Berkeley, CA 94710; Tel: 510 841-0843.
  4. I haven’t watched a DVD in a long time. My younger son and I have a “date” to watch The Bourne Ultimatum sometime soon. If it’s good, I’ll tell you about it.
  5. Thank you all for your enthusiasm about the Yalda Love Story! I will be giving you Part II soon. Watch this amazing video clip of music by a master and dance by another, which my friend, Shohreh, sent me. Joy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

merci azizam
marzieh

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the second part to the love story! I have a feeling it's going to make me cry in a happy way...is it?

Bourne...oh Bourne...Jason Jason Bourne...(I have nothing coherent to say about that...you'll love it!)

And, in case you feel like watching a movie that makes you happy and actually makes you want to stand up and sing and dance and feel good, I would rent "HAIRSPRAY". It's a "girly" movie, but the boys will love it, too.

Parham and I are not embarrassed to say we've watched it three times in the past two weeks and love it each time!

And...cheshmetoon roshan your family is arriving!! Yay!

Niloufar said...

"Life is more beautiful all of a sudden now."
Khosh khabar bashi nazy jan.
I am happy that you are going to visit your family.Have a nice time .
And thank you , i just saw my link :-)

Nazy said...

Salam Marzieh Jan and Merci az to! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family. I'm staying away from shopping malls even more so than usual! Shad bash.

Nazy said...

Salam Assal Jan.

It makes me cry with joy, but you will have to wait. I will definitely add "Hair Spray" to my list of things to do (it is about 100 items long by now!). Have a good weekend my friend.

Nazy said...

Salam Niloofar Jan. You are so welcome my friend. Thank you for your good wishes azizam. Life is beautiful.

مسعود said...

حافظ آن ساعت که این نظم پریشان می نوشت
طایر فکرش به دام اشتیاق افتاده بود
سلام نازی خانم.
یک.زندگی پر شر و شور و فعالی داری.همینست که این پراکنده گویی هم چون نشان از آنفعالیت دارد،در واقع "آن"ترا منتقل می کند(این اصطلاح یک "حس-آوا"ست).تو "آن"ی داری که دیگری ندارد یا اگر داشته باشد خاص خودش هست.
دو.قطعه زیباییست.نوای ویولن واقعا شورانگیزست.این رقص مرا بیاد رقص یک زوج روسی روی یخ می اندازد ،چیزی شبیه رقص فلامنکو بودسال پنجاه واینها.ممنونم.
سه.دیدی که هیچکس از اینکه داستانت را طولانی تر بنویسی ناراحت نبود.البته مقتضیات وبلاگ را می فهمم.
خرم و برقرار باشی

Nazy said...

Salam Masoud Jan:

Shoma lotf darid. I'm glad you enjoyed that clip.